Things you do at Airpush:
- Create a scalable, top-notch web services infrastructure
- Develop on a rich codebase on a high-volume real-time advertising platform for ad evaluation, bidding, and serving
- Develop and implement high performance machine learning algorithms
- Tweak the ecosystem to get maximum performance.
- Develop new algorithms to analyse large volumes of structured and unstructured data.
- Work closely with product management and engineering leads to create algorithms to address real world data.
- Work with a variety of data from different verticals and adapt the algorithms to new problems and data types.
- Experience in working on machine learning,classifiers, clustering and predictive algorithms with real customer data.
- Hands-on experience in using predictive techniques, such as logistic regression, Naïve Bayes, SVM, decision trees and neural networks.
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures and the ability to implement scalable algorithms with large amounts of data in Perl, Java or Python.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 1-2 years of experience with real world data.
- Good to have MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science or Statistics.
Job description: As a Senior Software Engineer/ Lead, you will drive and lead the design, and development of multi-tiered highly scalable applications and systems using PHP, Java & MVC frameworks and other higher Performance technologies in a large-scale, complex distributed environment. You will work closely with other software engineers, QA and Support groups. It is a must that you have worked in an environment where application was deployed on more than 5 physical nodes.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Define the server-side architecture of business flows within Ad Server Framework.
- Perform code reviews and provide feedback to improve (current) implementations
- Identify and solve application support issues whenever necessary
- Own one or multiple modules of the product and support them individually.
- 4-6 years in software development.
- Proven track record in delivering features in agile environment.
- Expert knowledge of PHP.
- Must have worked on distributed systems
- Shall have hands on experience in multithreading concepts in PHP
- Experienced in Object Oriented PHP, Java & MVC frameworks
- Strong database skills, proven experience with MYSQL & other RDBMS
- Experienced in web services technologies (SOAP, REST)
- Experience with different caching technologies (Redis, Nginx, Memcached etc )
- The ability to build and deliver Proofs of Concept (PoCs) independently and effectively
- The ability to lead architecture discussions around deployment topologies, scaling & performance & sizing
- High throughput, high concurrency environments
- Pragmatic, optimist attitude
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong Problem Solving Skills
- Strong drive for results and launching best of breed features.
The candidate will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities as well as building up on our existing business segments.
Some of the key responsibilities would include:
- Identifying and onboarding relevant demand partners like Mobile Ad Networks, DSPs, Agencies etc.
- Liasoning with existing partners at various levels including but not limited to operational, contractual, product level etc.
- Monitor the overall health of various partnerships by tracking key reports and KPI metrics
- Working with various internal teams (engineering/publishers), and lending BD support to successfully execute new projects
- Mapping competition and the ecosystem to discover and assess relevant opportunities
- Driven and Self-motivated who enjoys the concept of discovering and growing new business opportunities
- Understanding of the Mobile Advertising space with exposure to mobile ad networks, RTB, DSP etc.
- A good team player who enjoys interacting/working with people
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and growing new businesses
- High degree of perseverance and never say die attitude
- A Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science preferred) and an MBA
- 3-5 Years of experience in the fields of internet based businesses. Mobile or Online Advertising is preferred.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about new and emerging internet-based media
- Aptitude and relevant experience would be valued more than academic qualification