Job description: As a Senior Software Engineer/ Lead, you will drive and lead the design, and development of multi-tiered highly scalable applications and systems using Java and other higher Performance technologies in a large-scale, complex distributed environment. You will work closely with other software engineers, QA and Support groups. It is a must that you have worked in an environment where application was deployed on more than 5 physical nodes.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Define the server-side architecture of business flows within Ad Server Framework.
- Perform code reviews and provide feedback to improve (current) implementations
- Identify and solve application support issues whenever necessary
- Own one or multiple modules of the product and support them individually.
- 4-6 years in software development.
- Proven track record in delivering features in agile environment.
- Expert knowledge of Java. Knowledge of Scala is a plus
- Must have worked on distributed systems
- Shall have hands on experience in multithreading concepts in Java.
- Shall have worked on at least one of these – Java NIO API, Apache MINA, Netty, Grizzly etc.
- Shall have seen the traffic at least with 1k req / sec per node.
- Knowledge of Serialization / Deserialization frameworks such protobuf, kryo, thrift is a plus.
- Eye for choosing right technologies using data driven approach / benchmarking
- Shall have worked with at least one NoSQL database. Knowledge of EhCache, Redis, and Cassandra is a plus.
- High throughput, high concurrency environments
- Pragmatic, optimist attitude
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong Problem Solving Skills
- Strong drive for results and launching best of breed features.
Ranked #2 in the 2014 Forbes list of “Most Promising Companies” and winner of the “Top Innovator in Advertising Data” award at the 2014 DataWeek Conference, Airpush is on a mission to redefine mobile advertising. More than 150,000 apps and the world’s leading advertisers rely on Airpush to deliver the industry’s highest performance, driven by exceptional ad formats and targeting technology. Founded in 2010 by mobile advertising veterans, the company has approximately 250 employees and offices in Los Angeles and Bangalore, along with sales regions in all major markets. For more information, visit www.airpush.com or follow us on Twitter @AirpushAds.