Last Updated: September 1, 2013
Airpush may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above, and in some cases we may provide you with additional notice (such as by adding a statement to our website at www.airpush.com). If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact Airpush at email@example.com.
How We Collect Your Data
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Site. For example, we collect information you provide to us when you register for a developer or advertiser account, use the interactive areas and features of our Site and when you email, call or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we collect may include your name, email address, phone number, billing address, social security number, tax identification number, credit card information, bank account information, PayPal email address, and other contact or demographic information you choose to provide.
When you visit our Site, some information is automatically collected, including
- Log information: when you visit our Site your operating system, IP address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our Site are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Site.
We may also receive information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site.
How We Use Your Data
We use information collected through our Site for purposes described in this Policy or otherwise disclosed to you in connection with our Site. For example, we may use your information to:
- Operate and improve the Site,
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site;
- Prevent fraudulent transactions;
- Provide and deliver your products and services and to send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about new contests, promotions and rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Airpush and our selected partners; and
- Link or combine with other information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
Airpush is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
How We Share Your Data
We may share the information collected through our Site with third parties as follows:
- With third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work on our behalf or with us to provide the Site, and need access to your information to carry out their work;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Airpush or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Airpush assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- With your consent, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Security and Integrity of Your Data
Airpush takes measures to safeguard your information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We process information in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected. To the extent necessary for those purposes, we take reasonable steps to ensure that any information in our care is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use.
Safe Harbor Privacy Principles
We comply with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S. Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries. We have certified that Airpush adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification page, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Access to Your Information and Your Choices Regarding Our Site
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Airpush by following the instructions in those emails. You may also send requests to understand what personal information we have on you, about your contact preferences and changes to your information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
We encourage interested persons to raise any concerns using the contact information provided above and we will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of information.
Privacy Complaints by European Union and Swiss Citizens
Airpush has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU Safe Harbor, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by the Privacy Officer at Airpush, please visit the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR web site at www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint:
Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc.
BBB EU Safe Harbor
3033 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 600
Arlington, VA 22201