Technology Privacy Statement
Last Updated: February 2, 2015
How We Collect Your Data
Technology We Use to Collect Your Data
How We Use Your Data
How We Share Your Data
Security and Integrity of Your Data
Safe Harbor Privacy Principles
Your Information Choices
Privacy Complaints by European Union and Swiss Citizens
Child-Directed Sites or Services. Please note, we require developers to use a specific version of our Service in connection with applications that are directed to children under the age of 13. This child-directed version of our Service collects limited information about users’ devices, such as unique device identifiers and IP address, and we use such information solely for ad-serving purposes, including ad delivery and frequency capping.
Airpush may change this Statement from time to time. If we make any changes to this Statement, we will change the “Last Updated” date above, and in some cases we may provide you with additional notice.
1. Data Collected through Our Service
Our Service enables mobile applications that utilize our Service to serve ads and content that is targeted to your interests. When you download a mobile application that utilizes our Service (each, an “Application”), we may automatically collect certain information from your device, including, but not limited to:
- Unique device identifier, such as Android Advertising ID, iOS Identifier for Advertisers (IDFA), device serial number (IMEI), MAC address, and an Airpush-generated ID;
- Information about your device, such as device make and model, mobile web browser type and version, and IP address;
- Log information such as the Application name, cookie information, time zone, and other technical data about your use of your device;
- Data about the ad served and how you respond to the ad;
- Non-personal data about you or your interests, such as demographic information, including designated marketing area or location, or a list of mobile applications on your device; and
- With your permission, encrypted values of your email address and phone number. We encrypt such information on your device before collecting it, so we do not ever collect your actual email address or phone number. We will maintain such information in encrypted form and will not attempt to re-identify it.
- In accordance with your permission, we may collect browsing activity, precise geo-location information, zip code, and other information that may be considered personal data in your jurisdiction.
When you install an Application that utilizes our Service, you may also grant the Application permission to collect certain types of information. We do not control this process – it is typically run by your mobile operating system (e.g., Android or Apple iOS). We may collect some, but not necessarily all, of the information that an Application collects in accordance with the permissions you grant.
2. Data Collected from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Service. For example, we may collect demographic or interest preference information from other companies and combine that with information we collect through the Service for ad-serving purposes or to deliver advertisements that may be of interest to you.
Cookies are small files sent to your device when you visit a website. A cookie allows the site to remember your preferences. A pixel or tag is code utilized for tracking.
We may use information collected through our Service for the purposes described in this Statement, including to:
- Operate and improve our Service;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Service, including to provide reports to Application developers and to advertisers;
- Deliver content and advertisements to your device, such as advertisements and content that is tailored to your interests on behalf of advertisers, including via: (1) push ads, which are displayed in the device notification tray; (2) icon ads, which are sponsored shortcuts that appear on the home screen of your device; and (3) in-app ads, which appear within an Application that you have opened on your device. Please see “Your Information Choices” below for information about how to opt-out of receiving push, icon, or interest-based ads.
Airpush is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by United States law. By accessing or using the Service or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the worldwide processing and transfer of information to the United States and other countries.
We may share information about you as follows:
- We may share information with third party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who work on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us;
- With advertisers or Application developers;
- With other third party companies for various advertising or analytical purposes, such as ad serving, targeting, segmentation, analytics, and/or optimization;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Airpush or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Airpush assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent, including if we notify you on the Service that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner.
We may also share information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you with third parties, including aggregated information or encrypted information. When we share encrypted information with third parties, we will require that they agree not to attempt to decrypt and re-identify this information.
Airpush takes reasonable precautions to safeguard the information we collect through our Service in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
We comply with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S. Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries. We have certified that Airpush adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Based on the data we collect or type of ad unit, we may instruct the developer of an Application to provide an Airpush privacy notice when you first open the Application. For Push Ads, we also label each push ad with the name of the Application that has enabled the distribution of the ad and the URL of our opt-out web page, where you can opt-out of receiving push ads and icon ads (as described below).
1. Push and Icon Advertisements Opt-Out
You may opt-out of receiving push ads and icon ads delivered by Airpush in the following ways:
- You may install and run the Airpush opt-out application, located at http://www.airpush.com/optout/. Airpush will not use information it obtains during the installation of our opt-out app for any purpose other than to fulfill your opt-out request. Please note that after installing this opt-out app, you may still continue to receive in-app ads delivered by Airpush, including in-app ads that are tailored to your interests.
- You may provide a device ID, including IMEI, MEID, and/or ESN, through our opt-out web form at www.airpush.com/imei. For some phones, you may find these device IDs by viewing Menu –> Settings –> About Phone –> Status –> IMEI/MEID/ESN. Please note that after providing a device ID, you may still continue to receive in-app ads delivered by Airpush, including in-app ads that are tailored to your interests.
2. Interest-Based Advertising Opt-Out
Device-Based Opt-Out for Applications
For Android devices, you may signal your desire to “opt-out of interest-based ads” through your device settings. For iOS devices, you may signal your desire to “limit ad tracking” through your device settings. If you have enabled one of these settings, Airpush will no longer serve interest-based ads to the device where you exercised this choice.
Opt-Out Cookie for Mobile Web
For mobile web, you may opt-out of interest-based ads by installing our opt-out cookie below. If you have installed this cookie, Airpush will no longer serve interest-based ads to the browser on the device where you have installed this cookie; however, you will continue to see Airpush ads that are not based on your interests. If you use a different browser, clear your cache or otherwise clear cookies from your browser, you will have to reinstall this cookie.
Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out
You may opt-out of interest-based advertising through cookies by some (not all) of our advertising partners by visiting: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
3. Collection of Information
To opt-out of Airpush’s data collection from your device or to opt-out of receiving all ads from Airpush, you must manually uninstall all existing Applications on your device that utilize our Service. Please note that if you ever install another Application that utilizes our Service in the future, Airpush will subsequently be able to collect and use your information as described in this Statement.
If you have any questions regarding this Statement, please contact us by email at [email protected].
We encourage interested persons to raise any concerns using the contact information provided and we will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of information.
In compliance with the U.S.-EU and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles, Airpush commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your Personal Information. European Union and Swiss citizens with inquiries or complaints regarding this Statement should first contact Airpush at [email protected].
Airpush has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU Safe Harbor, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Airpush, please visit the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR website at www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint:
Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc.
BBB EU Safe Harbor
3033 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 600
Arlington, VA 22201