Technology Privacy Statement
Last Updated: November 22nd, 2013
Airpush may change this Statement from time to time. If we make any changes to this Statement, we will change the “Last Updated” date above, and in some cases we may provide you with additional notice (such as by adding a statement to our website at www.airpush.com). If you have any questions about this Statement, please contact Airpush at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Collect Your Data
1. Data Collected through Our Service
Our Service enables mobile application developers to provide ad-supported applications to end users. When you download a mobile application that utilizes our Service (each, an “Application”), we may automatically collect certain information from your device, including an Android ID, Advertiser ID, device make and model, mobile web browser type and version, IP address, an Airpush-generated ID, the Application name, a list of mobile applications installed on your device and other technical data about your device.
When you install an Application that utilizes our Service, you may also grant the Application permission to collect certain types of information via a permission screen consent process. We do not control the permission screen consent process – it is typically run by your mobile operating system (e.g., Android or Apple iOS). We may collect some, but not all, of the information that an Application collects in accordance with the permissions you grant. For example, in accordance with your permission, we may collect precise geolocation, browser history, country, zip code and device IDs (including IMEI, device serial number and MAC address). Additionally, in accordance with your permission, we may collect encrypted values of your email address. We encrypt such information on your device before collecting it, so we do not ever collect the actual email address. We will maintain such information in encrypted form and will not attempt to re-identify it.
2. Data Collected from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Service. For example, we may collect demographic or interest preference information from other companies and combine that with information we collect through the Service to deliver advertisements that may be of greater interest to you.
How We Use Your Data
We may use information collected through our Service for the purposes described in this Statement, including to:
- Operate and improve our Service;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Service; and
- Deliver personalized content and interest-based advertisements to your device on behalf of advertisers, including via: (1) push ads, which are displayed in the device notification tray, (2) icon ads, which are sponsored shortcuts that appear on the home screen of your device, and (3) in-app ads, which appear within an Application that you have opened on your device. Please see “Your Choices” below for information about how to opt-out of receiving these interest-based ads.
Airpush is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Service or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
How We Share Your Data
We may share information about you as follows:
- We may share information with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work on our behalf or with us to provide our Service and need access to information about you to carry out their work for us;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Airpush or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Airpush assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent, including if we notify you on the Service that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share information with third parties that cannot reasonably be used to identify you, including aggregated information or encrypted information. For instance, we may share encrypted information for the purpose of showing interest-based advertisements. When we share encrypted information with third parties, we will require that they agree not to attempt to decrypt and re-identify this information.
Security and Integrity of Your Data
Airpush takes reasonable precautions to safeguard the information we collect through our Service in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We process information in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected. To the extent necessary for those purposes, we take reasonable steps to ensure that any information in our care is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use.
Safe Harbor Privacy Principles
We comply with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S. Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries. We have certified that Airpush adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification page, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
To assist you in identifying Applications that utilize our Service, we instruct the developer of an Application to provide an Airpush privacy notice when you first open the Application. We also label each push ad with the name of the Application that has enabled the distribution of the ad and the URL of our opt-out web page, where you can opt-out of receiving push ads and icon ads and certain data collection (as described below).
You may opt-out of receiving push ads and icon ads delivered by Airpush in the following ways:
- You may install and run the Airpush opt-out application, located at http://www.airpush.com/optout/. Airpush will not use information it obtains during the installation of our opt-out app for any purpose other than to fulfill your opt-out request. Please note that after installing this opt-out app, you may still continue to receive interest-based, in-app ads delivered by Airpush.
- You may provide a device ID, including IMEI, MEID and/or ESN, through our opt-out web form at www.airpush.com/imei. You may find these device IDs by viewing Menu –> Settings –> About Phone –> Status –> IMEI/MEID/ESN. Please note that after providing a device ID, you may still continue to receive interest-based, in-app ads delivered by Airpush.
To opt-out of receiving all ads from Airpush, including any interest-based, in-app ads, you must manually delete all existing Applications on your device that utilize our Service.
2. Collection of Information
- You may opt-out of Airpush’s collection of your encrypted email address, list of mobile applications on your device and browser history by following the opt-out instructions described under the “Advertisements” section above.
- If you want to completely disable Airpush’s collection and use of information from your device, you must uninstall all Applications on your device that utilize our Service. Please note that if you ever install another Application that utilizes our Service in the future, Airpush will subsequently be able to collect and use information about you as described in this Statement.
Enforcement, Privacy Complaints by European Union and Swiss Citizens
Airpush has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU Safe Harbor, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by the Privacy Officer at Airpush, please visit the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR web site at www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint:
Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc.
BBB EU Safe Harbor
3033 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 600
Arlington, VA 22201